My boss is crazy! Should I leave my job?

Welcome to our humble abode, where we encourage you to waste your precious time on our forum with pointless chit chat. We don't discriminate against any topic, so feel free to let your thoughts wander aimlessly.

Our community is made up of a bunch of friendly peeps who love to chat and share their opinions. We don't judge here, except for people who put pineapple on their pizza (just kidding, we still love you...kind of). We're all about inclusivity, so whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or even a pineapple-on-pizza person, you're welcome here.

So, what are you waiting for? Come join us and be a part of our crazy conversations. Who knows, you might just make some new friends (or enemies, but hey, that's life). Just remember, life is too short to take everything seriously, so let's laugh and chat our way through it together.
Damon

My boss is crazy! Should I leave my job?

Post by Damon »

Hey guys!! I've recently started a new job in an office, which isn't too bad, except for the fact that my new boss is a complete and utter nobhead. I mean, seriously, the man has some serious mental health and anger issues that make him a ticking time bomb.

He will just start yelling and screaming at everyone in the room for the smallest things. I remember one time when someone left the light switch on in a room and he went mad about it, wanting to find out who did it. He spent the whole afternoon interrogating us like we were a bunch of criminals. I mean, come on, we're not in Guantanamo Bay here, mate. He treats us all like 10-year-old children, and it's like we're all back at school. It's crazy.

And if he isn't yelling and screaming, he can get really offensive with his jokes. There's this Indian guy working for us, and he'll basically rip into him, asking if he wants a curry all the time and mimicking his voice. It's like he's stuck in some sort of 1950s time warp where it's okay to be racist and sexist. He's a complete and utter nutcase who really shouldn't be in charge of a team of people.

So, I ask you, what should I do? Should I stay at this job and put up with this boss, who clearly needs some serious therapy? Or should I try to find another job, even though work is really hard to come by these days, and I probably wouldn't be able to get a job that pays as well as this one?

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, folks. I mean, sure, the job is paying the bills, but at what cost? My sanity? My self-respect? It's a tough call, but I'll leave it up to you to decide.
Lucy

Re: My boss is crazy! Should I leave my job?

Post by Lucy »

Dude, that boss of yours is straight-up whack! I mean, who does he think he is, cracking offensive jokes and mocking someone's accent? That's so not cool, man. It's like he's living in the past, where it was okay to be a total jerk.
Personally, I think you should quit. I know it's tough out there, but you don't deserve to be treated like garbage by some lunatic who clearly needs to get his head checked. Your sanity and self-respect are worth way more than a paycheck, my friend.
Maybe go to some job fairs and networking events, and we'll find you something even better. Trust me, there's gotta be something out there that's worth your time and effort.
dave33

Post by dave33 »

You don't have to put up with this kind of nonsense. Stand up for yourself and for your coworkers, and let that crazy boss of yours know that his behaviour is not okay. And if he doesn't listen, quit! it will be his loss. You got this, bro! 👍
Damon

Post by Damon »

Thanks for the tips guys! I have since left my job as I just couldn't take anymore.. now I am one of those "lazy work shy unemployed peoples the tories hate so much. ha! :roll: Gonna start looking for new jobs soon. Wish me luck! :D