Has feminism gone too far?

Welcome to our humble abode, where we encourage you to waste your precious time on our forum with pointless chit chat. We don't discriminate against any topic, so feel free to let your thoughts wander aimlessly.

Our community is made up of a bunch of friendly peeps who love to chat and share their opinions. We don't judge here, except for people who put pineapple on their pizza (just kidding, we still love you...kind of). We're all about inclusivity, so whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or even a pineapple-on-pizza person, you're welcome here.

So, what are you waiting for? Come join us and be a part of our crazy conversations. Who knows, you might just make some new friends (or enemies, but hey, that's life). Just remember, life is too short to take everything seriously, so let's laugh and chat our way through it together.
Post Reply
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

I just have to ask, has feminism gone too far? Are we really still fighting for equality, or has it turned into a battle for female superiority? And what about the poor men out there? Male depression and suicide rates are skyrocketing, and I can't help but wonder if it's because the media constantly portrays white males as evil and the scourge of the earth. What do you guys think? 8-)
sue
Posts: 21
Joined: March 27th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by sue »

Feminism is and has always been about equality. If some people take it too far, that's their problem, not feminism's.
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

I'm well aware that feminism has always been about equality. But when I see feminists attacking men for no reason, I have to wonder if the movement has lost its way. :roll:
Karen
Posts: 43
Joined: March 27th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Karen »

Oh, I'm sorry, did I hear you correctly? Are you actually suggesting that women are trying to become the superior gender? That's rich coming from someone who has been privileged their entire life. And let's not forget that the media has been attacking women for centuries, so excuse me if I don't have any sympathy for your little white male tears.
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

Excuse me? I'm not saying that women shouldn't have equal rights, but when did it become acceptable to attack men simply for being men? And what about those poor men who are struggling with depression and suicide? It's a real issue that needs to be addressed, but all I hear from feminists is 'men are trash' and 'kill all men.' How is that supposed to help anyone?
sue
Posts: 21
Joined: March 27th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by sue »

Bert wrote: March 28th, 2023 Excuse me? I'm not saying that women shouldn't have equal rights, but when did it become acceptable to attack men simply for being men? And what about those poor men who are struggling with depression and suicide? It's a real issue that needs to be addressed, but all I hear from feminists is 'men are trash' and 'kill all men.' How is that supposed to help anyone?
Those so-called feminists who hate men they're not real feminists, they're just lesbians who want to hate on men at every opportunity. And as for the media, it's not about attacking men, it's about highlighting the systemic issues that women face every day. We need to keep fighting for gender pay gaps and violence against women, and if that means calling out toxic masculinity, then so be it.
Ian
Posts: 45
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Ian »

sue wrote: March 28th, 2023
Bert wrote: March 28th, 2023 Excuse me? I'm not saying that women shouldn't have equal rights, but when did it become acceptable to attack men simply for being men? And what about those poor men who are struggling with depression and suicide? It's a real issue that needs to be addressed, but all I hear from feminists is 'men are trash' and 'kill all men.' How is that supposed to help anyone?
Those so-called feminists who hate men they're not real feminists, they're just lesbians who want to hate on men at every opportunity. And as for the media, it's not about attacking men, it's about highlighting the systemic issues that women face every day. We need to keep fighting for gender pay gaps and violence against women, and if that means calling out toxic masculinity, then so be it.
Toxic masculinity? What a load of crap. You're just trying to demonize men and make them feel guilty for being born male. And as for the gender pay gap, that's been debunked time and time again. Women make less because they choose different careers and take time off to raise families. It's not some grand conspiracy to keep women down.
sue
Posts: 21
Joined: March 27th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by sue »

Wow, you really are ignorant, aren't you? The gender pay gap is a real issue that affects women across all industries, and it's not because they're choosing different careers. And as for toxic masculinity, it's not about demonizing men, it's about recognizing the harmful effects of traditional gender roles and how they can lead to violence and discrimination against women.
Grrr
Posts: 4
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Grrr »

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were living in the 1950s! Feminism is about equality nothing more nothing less. And by the way, being concerned about male depression and suicide is a good thing, but blaming it on feminists and media's portrayal of white males as evil is ridiculous. Maybe it has something to do with the pressure men feel to be strong and not show weakness.
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

Grrr wrote: March 28th, 2023 Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were living in the 1950s! Feminism is about equality nothing more nothing less. And by the way, being concerned about male depression and suicide is a good thing, but blaming it on feminists and media's portrayal of white males as evil is ridiculous. Maybe it has something to do with the pressure men feel to be strong and not show weakness.
What?!😫 It's not ridiculous to think that constantly being told that you're the problem could have an effect on someone's mental health.
Grrr
Posts: 4
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Grrr »

Bert wrote: March 28th, 2023
Grrr wrote: March 28th, 2023 Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were living in the 1950s! Feminism is about equality nothing more nothing less. And by the way, being concerned about male depression and suicide is a good thing, but blaming it on feminists and media's portrayal of white males as evil is ridiculous. Maybe it has something to do with the pressure men feel to be strong and not show weakness.
What?!😫 It's not ridiculous to think that constantly being told that you're the problem could have an effect on someone's mental health.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt your fragile male ego? It must be tough being constantly attacked by the media and feminists for being a white male. But you know what's even tougher? Being a woman in a world where gender pay gaps and violence against women are still a constant threat. Maybe you should worry less about your hurt feelings and more about the real issues.
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

Ah, the classic feminist tactic of dismissing any criticism as just being about hurt male feelings. I'm not dismissing the issues that women face, but I think it's possible to care about more than one thing at a time. And as for the media, it's not just about hurt feelings. It's about the fact that constantly portraying white males as the enemy is not healthy for anyone.
jen
Posts: 3
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by jen »

I cannot believe that you are still ignorant enough to think that feminism is about female superiority. Feminism is about equality for all genders. Sure, there are some radical feminists who have gone too far, but they do not represent the entire movement. It's unfair to generalize all feminists as man-haters. 😪

As for your concern about male depression and suicide rates, I agree that it is a serious issue. However, it is not caused by feminism or the media attacking white males. It is caused by the toxic masculinity that is ingrained in our society. Men are taught to suppress their emotions and not seek help, which leads to higher rates of depression and suicide. Feminism actually promotes breaking down gender stereotypes and encouraging men to seek help when they need it. :!:
Dom
Posts: 22
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Dom »

jen wrote: March 28th, 2023 I cannot believe that you are still ignorant enough to think that feminism is about female superiority. Feminism is about equality for all genders. Sure, there are some radical feminists who have gone too far, but they do not represent the entire movement. It's unfair to generalize all feminists as man-haters. 😪

As for your concern about male depression and suicide rates, I agree that it is a serious issue. However, it is not caused by feminism or the media attacking white males. It is caused by the toxic masculinity that is ingrained in our society. Men are taught to suppress their emotions and not seek help, which leads to higher rates of depression and suicide. Feminism actually promotes breaking down gender stereotypes and encouraging men to seek help when they need it. :!:
Toxic masculinity is just far-left conspiracy propaganda. Men have always been taught to be strong, but that doesn't mean they can't seek help when they need it. The media constantly demonizing them and portraying them as evil is what's causing depression and suicide rates to rise. Feminism is only making things worse by pushing the narrative that men are the oppressors and women are the victims.
jen
Posts: 3
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by jen »

Dom wrote: March 28th, 2023
jen wrote: March 28th, 2023 I cannot believe that you are still ignorant enough to think that feminism is about female superiority. Feminism is about equality for all genders. Sure, there are some radical feminists who have gone too far, but they do not represent the entire movement. It's unfair to generalize all feminists as man-haters. 😪

As for your concern about male depression and suicide rates, I agree that it is a serious issue. However, it is not caused by feminism or the media attacking white males. It is caused by the toxic masculinity that is ingrained in our society. Men are taught to suppress their emotions and not seek help, which leads to higher rates of depression and suicide. Feminism actually promotes breaking down gender stereotypes and encouraging men to seek help when they need it. :!:
Toxic masculinity is just far-left conspiracy propaganda. Men have always been taught to be strong, but that doesn't mean they can't seek help when they need it. The media constantly demonizing them and portraying them as evil is what's causing depression and suicide rates to rise. Feminism is only making things worse by pushing the narrative that men are the oppressors and women are the victims.
You clearly don't understand the concept of toxic masculinity. It's not about being strong, it's about the societal pressures that force men to conform to a certain set of expectations, such as being the breadwinner and not showing emotions. These expectations can be damaging to men's mental health and lead to depression and suicide. And once again, feminism is not responsible for the media's portrayal of men. Feminism is about advocating for gender equality and dismantling harmful gender stereotypes.
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

jen wrote: March 28th, 2023 You clearly don't understand the concept of toxic masculinity. It's not about being strong, it's about the societal pressures that force men to conform to a certain set of expectations, such as being the breadwinner and not showing emotions. These expectations can be damaging to men's mental health and lead to depression and suicide. And once again, feminism is not responsible for the media's portrayal of men. Feminism is about advocating for gender equality and dismantling harmful gender stereotypes.
Dismantling gender stereotypes? More like dismantling traditional values and tearing apart the fabric of society. Feminism has gone too far and is now trying to erase gender roles altogether. Men and women are biologically different and have different strengths and weaknesses. This is not something that can be changed through social engineering! 😞
jen
Posts: 3
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by jen »

There is nothing wrong with challenging traditional gender roles. Gender should not be a barrier to success or limit someone's potential. And just because men and women have biological differences, it doesn't mean that one gender is superior to the other.
User avatar
Weasel-Face
Posts: 3
Joined: March 27th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Weasel-Face »

I do agree with feminists that trans gender women are not real women!
Gary
Posts: 13
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Gary »

😩 I am sick and tired of the left constantly pushing their radical gender ideology down our throats. They want to erase all differences between men and women and force us to accept their delusional view of gender. It's time to stand up to this insanity and defend the natural order of things. Men and women are different for a reason, and we should embrace these differences instead of trying to eliminate them. Enough is enough!
Bert
Posts: 28
Joined: March 28th, 2023

Re: Has feminism gone too far?

Post by Bert »

@Gary I absolutely agree! It's ridiculous that the left is trying to push this absurd idea that gender is a social construct. Men and women have different roles to play in society, and trying to erase those roles is only going to lead to chaos and confusion. The fact is that men are naturally stronger and better suited to certain tasks, while women excel in other areas. It's not about discrimination, it's just biology! It's time for the left to stop trying to force their radical agenda down our throats and start respecting the traditional values that have made our society great.
Post Reply