Royal Mail are awful!

Welcome to our humble abode, where we encourage you to waste your precious time on our forum with pointless chit chat. We don't discriminate against any topic, so feel free to let your thoughts wander aimlessly.

Our community is made up of a bunch of friendly peeps who love to chat and share their opinions. We don't judge here, except for people who put pineapple on their pizza (just kidding, we still love you...kind of). We're all about inclusivity, so whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or even a pineapple-on-pizza person, you're welcome here.

So, what are you waiting for? Come join us and be a part of our crazy conversations. Who knows, you might just make some new friends (or enemies, but hey, that's life). Just remember, life is too short to take everything seriously, so let's laugh and chat our way through it together.
fredders

Royal Mail are awful!

Post by fredders »

Oh, where do I even begin with Royal Mail? It's not just a thorn in my side, it's a whole bloody hedge! 😤

I've been sat here, twiddling me thumbs, for a blasted week waitin' for my package from John Lewis. They're a big company, why on earth are they still using Royal Mail for their deliveries? It's as if they're enjoying our pain or summat! 😡📦

Every time I see that their courier of choice is Royal Mail, I know I'm in for a long wait. It's like they're using a horse and cart instead of a van! 🐴

And it's not just the waiting, it's the constant cock-ups. I run a small business, and in the past I've used Royal Mail. But the customer complaints about slow delivery and lost items just kept piling up. It reached a point where I was handing out refunds like they were sweets! As if that wasn't enough, they had the nerve to slap me with fines. They claimed I was trying to send parcels as large letters, which is a load of codswallop. All they're doing is lining their pockets at my expense.

And then there's the price hikes. You can't turn around without Royal Mail bumping up the price of deliveries. Needless to say, I've washed my hands off them.

The worst part is, Royal Mail is a monopoly. It was set up by the government back in the day, basically stifling competition and forcing small businesses and consumers alike to put up with their crap. Then the Tories sold this monopoly to foreign investors, just so that David Cameron - or should I say Lord Cameron - could make a quick quid. Since then, Royal Mail's service has just nosedived.

As Royal Mail's service worsens, it just boosts another monopoly - Amazon with their prime delivery service. They're no better, with rampant stories about delivery drivers nicking parcels. But alas, that's a story for another day.

Anyway, rant over. If you've had similar experiences with Royal Mail, do let me know in the comments below. Maybe if enough of us speak up, we can put enough pressure on the government to actually do something about this mess. God knows they're not doing much else!