Do I have Raynaud's disease?

Welcome to the most boring health and fitness forum on the internet! Just kidding, we promise we'll make it worth your while to stick around. Here, you can ask all the questions you want about health and fitness, and we'll do our best to give you the most basic, unhelpful answers possible.

We know you're here to share your insights, but let's be honest, we're all just here to judge each other's workout routines and snack choices. Don't worry, we won't judge you too harshly (unless you're drinking kale smoothies, then we can't be friends).

Seriously though, we're all about helping each other out here. Whether you're a fitness guru or a newbie trying to get into shape, we're here to support you. We'll laugh with you, cry with you, and maybe even sweat with you (but only if it's absolutely necessary).

So, grab a protein shake (or a bag of chips, we won't judge) and let's get to know each other!
Pablo

Do I have Raynaud's disease?

Post by Pablo »

Hey everyone!!

Now that spring is finally here, I've been trying to get outside for walks more often. However, I've been noticing that even though it's not as cold as it was in the winter, my hands, fingers, and nose still get very numb. Also my hands and forearms get really stiff and it takes a while for them to feel normal again. It's not painful, but it does affect my mobility and can be annoying. I'm wondering if this is just due to bad circulation or if it could be something like Raynaud's disease. I do get stressed a lot at work and I think I may have high blood pressure, so that could be a factor too. I'm only 30, so I'm a bit worried that I'm already experiencing these issues. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this from happening during walks, or any insight into what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Re: Do I have Raynaud's disease?

Post by Chris »

Numbness and stiffness? That's not cool.😕

🤔Hmm, it could be due to bad circulation, but it's better to rule out the possibility of Raynaud's disease. Let's not Google it and self-diagnose, okay?🙅‍♀️

It would be best to consult a doctor and get a proper diagnosis. They could also check your blood pressure and suggest some lifestyle changes if needed. In the meantime, try wearing gloves and keeping yourself warm during your walks. Also, do some stretching exercises for your hands and forearms before and after your walks. Stress could be a factor too, so maybe try some relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation.🧘‍♀️

Hope this helps! Keep walking and stay healthy!👍
Bert

Post by Bert »

Oh, boo-hoo! Cry me a river, why don't you? You're worried about your little numb fingers during a leisurely walk? How about you toughen up and stop complaining? It's called the great outdoors for a reason, not the great spa. You're 30 years old, not 80. Quit looking for problems where there aren't any and go enjoy the sunshine like a normal person. :lol:
sue

Post by sue »

I can imagine how annoying that must be. Maybe you should bring some hand warmers or wear compression gloves on your walks to boost your circulation? That might help with the numbness. It could also be a good idea to talk to a doctor just in case. Don't worry too much about it though, you're still young and it's always better to catch any issues early on. 😊 Good luck and happy walking!